Enhancing Motivation to Change is a 1 day course that will build individuals' ability
to 'promote health seeking behaviour' in others, supporting other Health promotion work.
Objectives/Aims of Course
Participants will have the opportunity to;
• Review the “Spirit,” and the specific techniques of Motivational Interviewing.
• Discuss motivation as it pertains to their own clients.
• Review and practice specific techniques to increase client motivation and promote health seeking behaviour
• Employ several techniques to develop discrepancy between goals and current behaviour.
• Use strategies to explore, amplify, and resolve ambivalence to change.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is suitable for Individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education, who are aged 16 or over and living or working in or around the Plymouth area.