This training session on swallowing is suitable for both registered and non-registered staff working in a care home setting
Objectives/Aims of Course
- To be introduced to the difference between the normal and the abnormal swallow
- To be aware of conditions that may affect the swallow
- To be introduced to food descriptors, fluid stages and feeding guidelines in current use
- To experience feeding and being fed with a combination of food and fluid textures
- To be aware of the role of the Speech & Language Therapist and when/how to refer
The session includes a practical element of feeding and experiencing being fed.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This session is suitable for both registered and non-registered staff working in a care home setting.