This one-day course is for those who have no experience of venepuncture and includes
theory during the morning session and a practical session on a simulated
arm during the afternoon.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the day the learners will:
- Be aware of their professional boundaries and accountability
- Be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the arm
- Be able to select an appropriate site for Venepuncture
- Be familiar with policies / procedures in the event of an inoculation injury
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and competently withdraw blood on an educational model
- Professional practice & accountability
- Anatomy & physiology
- Inoculation injury & safer needles
- Policies & procedures
- Practical competency with an educational model
This course will provide a Certificate for Training on Introduction to Venepuncture (Practical competencies to be completed in practice).
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This study day is aimed at practitioners who have not had any previous training in venepuncture.