This course is aimed at staff who will only need to carry out minimal amount of Moving and Handling of people and will include theoretical aspects as well as practical participation of Manual Handling tasks.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the course, attendees will have an understanding of theoretical aspects as well as practical Manual Handling tasks, such as sit to stand transfers and emergency handling situations.
- Power point presentation of theoretical aspects of Moving and Handling
- Legislation, roles and responsibilities around Manual Handling, including recognising poor practice.
- The bariatric patient
- Risk Assessment of handling situations
- Safe physical principles of handling
- Moving inanimate loads
- Practical skills in standing transfers and mobilising patient
- Patient falls
- Emergency handling
This course will provide a certificate of Training for Basic Patient Moving and Handling Training
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is aimed at staff who will only need to carry out minimal amount of Moving and Handling of people.